Acting classes coming soon, January 2019. Also makes a great Christmas gift.
New for Winter of 2019—ACTING CLASSES for young adults!!
Taught by Artistic Director John DuVall, this six-week class is designed to introduce people to acting onstage and reinforce basic techniques. There is a warm up process at the beginning of each class to track progress in enunciation, diaphragm breathing, and volume. This class strengthens presence on and off stage and will benefit anyone who wants a boost in self-confidence. Through theatre exercises this class will help with concentration, characterization, and confidence.
Designed for actors who want to hone their skills and anyone with the desire to learn the basics of theatrical technique. Classes will be held one day a week and will last 90 minutes.
Cost for the class is $75.00. maximum number of students is 10.
Age range 10-17
· Week one—warm ups, intro to diaphragm breathing, improv games
· Week two--Theatre basics—blocking/audition process/etiquette, Assign monologue, improvs--emotions
· Week three—characterization/motivation, break down and work on monologues, line delivery and subtext
· Week four—Shakespeare/classics, work on monologues
· Week five—introduction to scene work, work on monologues
· Week six—showcase monologues
For more information, please call John Duvall at 419-351-5928 or call Lakeland at 252-586-3124 ext.3