Lakeland Theatre Company and Cultural Arts Center’s Mission Statement
Lakeland Theatre Company And Cultural Arts Center is a nonprofit organization, the purpose of which is to enrich, educate and entertain our community by providing a superior theatre experience.
- Community: We provide encouragement for all levels of volunteer involvement and recognize these contributions as crucial to the success of Lakeland’s productions and programs. We provide a supportive environment where everyone is welcome, regardless of skill level, ability or background. Volunteers are essential to the success of Lakeland Theatre Company.
- Inclusion: We are committed to reaching out to new audiences, patrons and volunteers that are reflective of the community that we serve. We provide affordable, accessible and diverse programs to achieve participation by all segments of our community.
- Learning: We provide life-long learning opportunities for people of all ages, particularly children, through the art of theatre.
- Excellence & Artistic Integrity: We actively strive to achieve excellence in all of our programs as well as to maintain the artistic integrity of our productions to the highest standards possible. We also reserve the right to take artistic risk and to make mistakes while striving for excellence in all of our endeavors.
- Leadership: We seek to play a role as a community leader, forming partnerships and collaborations with other arts disciplines, and acting as a resource for cultural policymakers. Also, we seek to develop leaders within our organization through training and education programs.
- Financial Management: We are committed to operating in a financially responsible manner.
- Warren County, Halifax County, Kerr Lake, Lake Gaston, Southside Virginia & the Roanoke Valley: We are committed to playing an active role in keeping our community vital by greatly enhancing the quality of life while building on our traditions and continuing to make our programs responsive to the ever-changing needs of our community.